An international, renewables-focused, energy trading and services company. The company has grown rapidly from a start-up in 2010 to now employing over 90 professionals based in Europe and now is a subsidiary of one of the biggest Japanese trading company.
To achieve its ambitions, the company wishes to continue to grow its high-calibre team and is currently recruiting for a Senior Originator who is focused on expanding the suite of trading services to the market, specifically in the area of flexible technologies such as batteries, behind the meter assets and gas peaking assets. The candidate will be responsible for originating new business and will also support the integration of clients into the company's infrastructure while managing client relationships on an on-going basis.
The role of Senior Originator will include:
- Originating new forms of trading services from a range of flexible assets including batteries, conventional gas technology, interconnectors and behind-the-meter assets.
- Building new client relationships and managing the on-going relationships with current clients.
- Developing new and innovative products and services for clients developing flexible technologies, and/or clients requiring bespoke risk management services across their business activities.
- Working closely with colleagues across numerous business units to develop and integrate new products and services.
- Understanding the energy, ancillary services and capacity markets in European markets with a view to supporting the development of products/services and the successful integration of new clients into the infrastructure.
- Representing the business externally at conferences and seminars.
- Contributing to the strategic direction and growth of the trading solutions business unit including involvement in business development activities and client proposals.
- Input into profile building activity including blog posts, networking, etc.
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in the energy sector, in a commercial or technical role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with clients, traders, back office, finance and IT functions.
- Strong understanding of the electricity sector and ancillary services regimes, particularly in Ireland.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to be organised, flexible, prioritise tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Diligence with an attention to detail in particular in relation to documentation skills for processes, procedures and business requirements.
- Problem solving and a can-do attitude, coupled with a high level of resilience and tenacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding academic credentials
- 2 years’ experience specifically in the area of flexibility (batteries, gas peaking, behind the meter)
- Specific experience originating new business or engaging with third party clients/stakeholders