About Our Client:
The company is a European automotive component maker focused on embedded safety components. They are well-positioned in a niche market and support Tier 1 and 2 automotive manufacturers with high quality products to ensure the safety of drivers. The company has over 200 employees globally and are steadily growing. The operations in Japan is still small but they have a good market share and existing clients for the Japan market.
About the Role:
This position will act as a bridge between the technical and business development side. The ideal candidate will have extensive engineering and embedded software knowledge and be able to foster strong relationships with clients and explain the technical aspects to both executives and experienced engineers. The person will need to focus on existing clients but also help grow the market share.
The person will report to the Country Manager in Japan and a dotted line to the Global Head of Sales in Europe. This position has potential to become the Country Head in the near future and manage a small team of engineers and sales reps.
- Experience in embedded software development
- 3 years plus development experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electronic Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Software, computer science, or relevant majors
- Analyzing and solving technological problems
- Skill on compilers
- Collaborating skill with European engineers, and product managers technical problem solving and market information exchanges
- Needs to do regular visits to customers for on-site support
- Product introduction to customers • On-line or off-line training to customers
- Speech in public conference
- Coding on MCU via compilers
- Exchange the technical information with European technical team
- Attend FAE meeting in different regions
- Write the technical documentation
- Support with technical articles
- Join Japan Market strategy development
- Will focus on on-site support & installation
- Understanding MCAL, Classic AutoSar and Adaptive AutoSar.
- Understanding on ISO26262
- Understanding vehicle level coding cycle and software optimization.
- Ability to work under pressure to minimize downtime
- Supporting sales during technical customer presentations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel mainly around Japan but to Europe as well from time to time
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Self confidence in dealing with customers and suppliers
- Possess team skills and has ability to work independently as well
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong proven interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and “can-do” spirit
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and relationships-building skills
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment